Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookies

There's no denying I love my sweets, especially anything containing chocolate!  These chocolate chip cookies are sooooo good!  I took these to a Christmas party where a friend took some home to her hubby.  She immediately wanted the recipe, as her husband said they tasted like a Christie Cookie.  If you are familiar with this iconic Nashville cookie store, then you know anything resembling a Christie Cookie is delish!  The original recipe came from Lulu the Baker, but I changed her recipe just a bit.  I love that they are soft, gooey and oh so yummy!

To keep myself from devouring all the cookies while my kids aren't looking,  I'll mix up a batch of dough and keep it in the refrigerator and only bake a few at a time.

The Little Things Blog:  Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2  3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Use a medium scoop to shape dough into balls, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until just beginning to turn golden on the edges. Remove from oven, cool on sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.  Makes 2 to 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

*I like to scoop the cookie dough and place the dough balls in a ziplock bag to keep in the fridge so I can bake a few at a time.  I've kept the dough up to a week in the refrigerator with no problem.
*These cookies turn out best if the dough is at room temperature.  If you refrigerate the dough, let it sit out for a bit before baking.

Enjoy!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment