Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce


When Ty and I were engaged and preparing for our wedding, at one of my bridal showers my future mother-in-law gave me a very special gift.  It was a recipe book she had put together that contained family favorite dishes from both Ty's family and mine.  I can't begin to imagine the amount of time and love she poured into this sweet, sweet gift.  Each recipe had a note about where it came from and who especially enjoyed each dish.  I definitely want to do the same for my kiddos when they get married!

This spaghetti I am sharing is one of the recipes included in this book.  It was one of Ty's favorites growing up, and it is now our kids' favorite!  There are never any groans when I announce we are having spaghetti for dinner!  Gotta love nights like that!

The Little Things: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce recipe

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

Ingredients:
3 t. salad oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lbs. ground round
1 can Italian tomatoes
2 small cans tomato sauce
1 small can mushroom pieces
1 large can tomato paste
1 1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 T. sugar
3 bay leaves
1 1/2 t. dried oregano
2 T. dried parsley
2 t. worcestershire sauce

Directions:
Saute onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic in oil until golden in color.  Add ground round and brown.   Drain fat.  Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste, mushrooms and all seasonings.  Simmer covered 1 1/2 hours (or in crockpot on low 3-4 hours).  Serve over noodles.

Notes:
The sauce freezes well!  

Baby girl enjoying her spaghetti a few years ago!  She loves it just as much today!

We hope you enjoy this, too!
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment